A dedicated development team refers to a group of professional developers who have expertise in particular projects, tech stacks, and feature requirements.
They work on a particular project for a long time and master it with their experience of solving bugs, adding feature sets, and integrating in minimal time.
In this article, we are going on a journey of dedicated development team mode, its importance, structure, benefits, and advantages, and how to hire one. Fasten your seatbelts and sooth yourselves.
What Is A Dedicated Development Team Model?
The dedicated development team model is an outsourcing technique in which an organization or company hires a set of professional developers with expertise in particular projects for a specific period of time.
In this model, the client hires developers from third-party service providers with specific tech stacks, project requirements, and more. Developers are skilled in particular projects and have long-term experience handling bugs, adding features, and providing integration support in minimal time.
In some cases, hired development teams work as an extension of in-house development teams by handling stakeholders, clients, and organizations.
Why Hiring a Dedicated Development Team Is Important?
Hiring a dedicated development team is important when you are entering a new market with a new tech stack, brand new features, a futuristic product, and more. The importance of
- Expertise and specialization: The dedicated developers have field expertise and are specialized in the needed tech stacks. Knowledge and experience help in providing high-quality deliverables, a more efficient development process, and better problem-solving capabilities.
- Focus and commitment: A dedicated development team is specially focused on a particular project and more attached to its goals. It gives 100% focus and commitment to the project.
- Consistency and stability: Since the dedicated team focuses on a specific project throughout the project lifecycle, it improves the stability of the project. And remain consistent in adding new features, developing, and more.
- Reduced expenses: With a dedicated development team, you can control your expenses. No fixed salary or compensation, no maintenance, and more You are about to spend only on hiring or expanding your hiring team.
- Scalability: The primary importance of hiring a development team is that you can scale the team size depending on requirements. On the other hand, you have to maintain your in-house development team even during difficult times. But you can increase or decrease the size of the dedicated development team based on your flexibility and requirements.
These are a few reasons why you need to hire a dedicated development team for your IT projects.
Structure Of A Dedicated Development Team
Mostly, similar to your in-house development team, dedicated development has its own structure that helps them in continuous improvisation.
Below are the people who play a major role in any dedicated development team, and the whole team works together to provide quality results.
- Project manager/Team lead
- Software developers/engineers
- Quality assurance engineers and testers
- UI/UX designers
- Devops engineers
- Business analyst
- Scrum masters (For Agile teams)
- Product owner (For Agile teams)
- Optional roles (Based on project scope and complexity)
This is the base team structure of a dedicated development team. Based on project requirements, tech expertise, and project structure, the dedicated team will be flexible for forthcoming changes.
5 Major Benefits Of Hiring A Dedicated Development Team
Hiring a dedicated development team will provide numerous benefits for the organization as well as the project. Here are the 5 major benefits that come in handy with a hired development team:
- Cost-effectiveness: Hiring a dedicated development team can be more cost-effective than maintaining in-house developers. You can decide the team size, expertise, duration, and pay structure based on your requirements.
- High-Quality deliverables: The dedicated development team will be overloaded with a bunch of experience in a specific field that allows them to forecast bugs, issues, deployment challenges, and much more. Being focused on these things helps them plan the quality of their end product. Hence, the quality of the product will be above standards.
- Access to the latest technologies: Being in a constantly evolving technology field, the dedicated team makes continuous recruitments and training on new technologies. Through effective processes, the developers in the team stay updated with the latest technologies, which can be helpful in adding a futuristic vision to your product.
- Faster time to market: With a hired team full of expertise, you can cut short the time before your final product launches into the market. Having experienced developers on hand is an added advantage to your product, with added features and minimal bugs.
- Reduced time and effort for recruitment: Finally, you can give some rest to your recruitment team. Allow them to manage your in-house employees and keep them engaged instead of chasing the new one with a demandable CTC.
These five benefits help organizations upscale their standards and reach global competitors and markets. They can even spend more time on innovative products and feature updates.
How MirrorFly’s Dedicated Development Team Brings Value To My Company?
MirrorFly is a feature-enriched in-app chat, voice, and video API and SDK provider for developers as well as enterprises. Their developers are well experienced in building chat apps and have had tech stack expertise for years.
They have integrated their in-app video, voice, and chat solutions in 20 minutes. Their low-code strategy has been a boon to the industry.
Still, many providers are struggling to provide hassle-free integrations of their APIs and SDKs. MirrorFly’s developers made the integration process easy, and even an amateur developer can complete the integration process in 20 minutes.
With this kind of expertise and structured team, MirrorFly lends its hands to support organizations and enterprises with their dedicated development team.
You can easily hire a dedicated development team from MirrorFly for your projects, either on-premise or remotely.
To learn more about hiring a dedicated development team from MirrorFly, follow the link or talk to an expert who will clarify your queries in no time.
With gratitude for showing up and reaching this far, relax your seatbelts. I hope you found what you were searching for.
Adaptation to new trends and technologies is the only thing that keeps the company alive and achievable.
If you are a startup owner or an organizational founder, work on the cost of hiring a dedicated development team and maintaining an in-house development team. Compare the benefits, importance, characteristics, and advantages of both.
Then go with the preferred option that is best suited for your project requirements. All the best in choosing the best team.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is a dedicated development team model?
The dedicated development team model is an outsourcing technique where, generally, a company or organization hires a group of professional developers to work on their product requirements for a period of time. A dedicated development team contains the expertise of a specific product and technology stack with proven work experience.
Why should I hire a development team?
Hiring a dedicated development team gives you leverage in the following factors:
4. Shared responsibilities
5. Focus and commitment
6. High-quality deliverables
7. Faster time to market
8. Access to the latest technologies
These are a few reasons why you should hire a dedicated development team.
Hiring a development team or building one—which is best?
Hiring a development team gives you flexibility, scalability, access to recent technologies on the market, high-quality deliverables, shared responsibilities, and time and cost efficiency. Whereas building your own team facilitates loyalty, team management, individual responsibility, flexibility, time commitments, and more. So choosing the best is purely based on your project requirements. If you are going to be on board with a very long-term project, it’s better to move with your own team.
What is the role of a hired development team?
The role of the hired development team is to understand the product, develop and deploy it, debug errors, add features, analyze the market, provide a user interface and experience based on it, and more. The continuous process of the hired development team is to keep track of the product and look for new updates and features throughout their contractual period.
Can I hire a development team for a lifetime?
No, hiring a development team is a concept of hiring for a specified period of time, not owning. Dedicated development teams are better for mid- to long-term projects. If you are planning a lifetime project, then you ought to build your own development team.