Organization truly matters in every right. And for a business abuzz with activities all around. Imagine the dynamic setting where visual motion pictures are created- ideas strewn about everywhere, heavy-weight equipment stationed at the centre, people running in circles to get different things done. And this is only the work at the forefront. Talk about what goes down during post-production. Even then the work is not done.
The video must fare well- especially for all the blood, sweat, and tears that went into it. There still is a need for the organized direction of the video out in the world. This is where a regulatory structure like a video content management system crops up in the picture.
8 Best Video Content Management Platforms
- VPlayed – Full Range of Streaming Possibilities With Video CMS Platform
- Panopto – Ultimate Video Content Management Software for your Business
- GUDSHO – A Premium Video Monetization Platform
- Brightcove – Easy-to-use to Manage your Video Library with a Range of Features
- IBM Cloud – Fully Integrated Video Platform for Content Management
- Wistia – Most Powerful and Easiest Way to Organize Videos, Images, Audio Files
- Vimeo OTT – The leading video content management system software
- Kaltura – The Leading Video Content Management System Software
What Is Video CMS?
A Video CMS or video content management system (VCMS) is a web-based software solution that helps businesses manage, store, and share digital video content. It allows users to easily upload, store, and manage their digital video content in a secure, centralized location.
Video content management system allows businesses to streamline their video content management process and make it easier to share their digital media with customers, prospects, and colleagues. Video content manage
ent system provides users with the ability to create playlists, share videos, and add metadata. This helps businesses effectively organize and manage their digital media library. Additionally, best video CMS provides users with features such as analytics, reporting, and search capabilities to help them better understand how their videos are performing.
Why Do You Need A Video Content Management Platform?
If you are wondering what might be the good in going for a video content management software, then you must not skip these benefits of working with a video CMS. Assuredly there are more to a CMS than just the significant few benefits mentioned below.
1. Storage Facilitation Of Large Video Files
Heavy videos translate to large files, and files of such extreme volume cannot be contained in the common spaces, rather, they ought to find suitable shelter in a well assigned storage space. A video CMS attentively takes care of this aspect amongst others.
2. Good Streaming Conditions
Any content creator would yearn for their videos to be streamed right at the sweet spot of high clarity with an adaptive stream rate, so will the platform endorsing the creator. This definitely takes help of a supportive system as a video content management system so as to ensure the right note of content delivery.
3. Provision Of Privacy & Security
The authenticity of a video streaming business lies in the empowerment of its video security system. That being said, appropriate technology must be fostered to realize the backing of such high-powered security. Essentially, plugging in effective privacy controls into the platform shall attain the discussed security. Well, again, a CMS shall handle these tasks for the platform provider.
4. Dynamic Searchability
In the circumstance of having a huge library of video content, there will arise a necessity for an indexing and recalling system. This system must also have the additional ability of dynamically engaging with the search activity of the user- bringing up relevant, possible suggestions for essentially cutting down the efforts made at the user’s end.
5. Organizational Facility For Content
This particular aspect shall not need more emphasis than our collective imagination. We can go far as to say that organization is the left arm of time management. Not just that, organization is a must for that progressive rush of any business. Likewise, a video CMS will store, safeguard, index, retrieve and follow all other actions of motion of a video streaming.
How To Choose A Best Video Content Management System (CMS) For Your Streaming Business?
Now that we have sorted out where a CMS belongs and its place of importance in the business of video streaming. It is time to look at what is essential in a video content management software. Please also be aware that the following list is not restricted to all of the essential features to look for in a CMS. They, rather, propose to give you an initiatory support in a video content management system comparison. Let us go.
The Trustworthiness of A Good Video CMS As Features,
1. Platform API
Is a necessity in case of a range of customizations being offered by the platform provider. And in order to visibly line the platform with these variegated features, an api’s service is involved. That way, users can effortlessly navigate through the extensive featurization of the best online video platforms.
2. Video Library Migration
Assists with transferring the entire library of multitudinous contents on one platform to another. Imagine together, the enormity with the tediousness of it. A CMS is adept at seamlessly transferring the library over to the next.
3. Video Content Syndication
It is the feature that enables the publication of a video of one platform on other platforms for expansion of its viewership. The syndication is in an effort to propagate your enterprise video content to other platforms’ audience base.
4. Live Streaming
To stream your content live on a platform, the platform still needs to have a collection of inbuilt capabilities such as DVR support, adaptive bitrate streaming, support for HLS protocol and effortless embedding.
5. Video-Specific Analytics
Video analytics feature allows you to get an overview of the performance of each of the videos in the library. The performance analysis is quantitatively based on key metrics related to the viewing count and time besides quite more. This will help platform providers have a strong grasp of their assets’ placement in the market.
6. Video Encoding and Transcoding
These two functional abilities of an online video content management system will help with actions at the user’s end such as streaming, playback of any video but especially bulk ones. There is also assistance with turning raw video footage into their usable version for ultimate user experience.
7. White-Label Player
Just as a clean slate is important for a good go at life. A white label helps in presenting the brand name of the online video platform, devoid of interferences from representative name tags of allied services. Additionally, if you are looking for customizing your platform in line with your brand, a white label OTT CMS has got it.
List Of The Top 8 Best Video Content Management Platforms For Your Streaming Business
Here we have discussed the best video CMS platforms among the competitors in the market. Some of the top video content management platforms are VPlayed, Dacast, Panopto, Brightcove, Wistia, IBM Cloud, etc…
All-in-one video content management system with a full range of streaming possibilities.
CONTUS VPlayed is a globally the best video streaming platforms provider whose very motto is to provide enterprise video content management systems to businesses coming from various industries. Its CMS tackles diverse support functions. From Bulk Import & Export to Multi Currency, a whole range is covered.
Key Features Of VPlayed’s Video Content Management System
- A HTML video player for streaming of commendable quality.
- 6 models of video monetization are offered for revenue generation.
- Marketing tools for getting the content further across.
- A provision for analysis of performance stats of every video.
For quote-based plans, fill out this inquiry form, You may also opt for Free Demo Here
Ultimate video content management software for your business
Panopto’s CMS serves to manage content with security and at scale. Its video content management system is built to surpass the setback in case of use of a CRM, CMS or LMS. It is designed for being easily integrable with three of the systems just mentioned as well as internal IT systems.
Primary Components Of Panopto’s Video CMS Platform
- Video cloud hosting for security that comes with it.
- Video transcoding for automatic adaption of video format to user’s device.
- Video analytics data collection for reviewing content performance.
- Adaptive bit-rate streaming technology for a non-sluggish video delivery.
A Premium Video Monetization Platform
GUDSHO is a scalable video monetization platform which facilitates video publishers, content creators or influencers to generate potential income with their curative content and deliver them across the globe.
With the professional-grade and creative online space of GudSho, independent content aggregators can upload and stream their branded videos and earn recurrent revenue on a large scale. It is the cornerstone for streaming on-demand or live content and gain the right value for their work, empowering their passion.
Here are some of its highlighting features:
- HD HLS video player to deliver a quality video experience
- All-in-1 video & customer management dashboard
- Multiple monetization models for 5x revenue
- Seamless international transactions with easy payouts
- In-depth analytics and video performance data
Customizable and easy-to-use to manage your video library with a range of features.
Brightcove is an industry-grade video streaming solutions provider. Their offerings see two custom services unique to this provider. They are ‘editing by batch’ and ‘pin and drop playlist.’ Their CMS lets customers create what is known as ‘smart playlists’ that is compiled on the basis of data as metatags. This list also continually feeds on new data.
Primary Components Of Brightcove’s Video Content Management Software
- Video schedulability based on the specific geographic location.
- ‘Quick Publish’ that gets a video live anywhere in just one easy step.
- An automated approach for syndicating contents of this platform.
- ‘Video Cloud’ model is custom-oriented for extraction of any data of interest.
5. IBM Cloud Video
Fully integrated, scalable and user-friendly video platform for content management
IBM Cloud Video is a video streaming partner capable of live streaming and on-demand video streaming services. Its conceptualization employs recent technologies like AI and machine learning for advanced and accurate services. It renders a cloud-based platform for its customers.
Primary Components Of IBM Cloud Video Content Management
- It enables auto-captioning via Artificial Intelligence.
- It is built to take on upscaling audience bases for streaming to.
- There is a scope of solid support with video marketing.
- It offers numerous ways to monetize content for its customers.
Most powerful and easiest way to organize videos, images, audio files
Wistia is a designated name for the alliance of a video hosting platform with a bigger focus on better marketing. It employs cloud-based storage for sharing video files to collect feedback or other to-dos for improvisation. The replacement of videos even, is not a code level task here.
Primary components of a Wistia’s Enterprise Video Content Management
- Its video player is fully customizable for complete control of the customer.
- The embedding process it follows results in quicker and lighter upload.
- It proposes to optimize your videos for seo benefits without asking.
- It presents analytics for content performance evaluation.
7. Vimeo OTT
The leading video content management system software
Vimeo OTT is an OTT-specific video streaming service provider. It suits customers with on-demand needs as well as that of live streaming ones. Its services mainly focus on creating a video streaming apps for every platform in request. There is a flexibility which extends beyond launch of the app that sees to adding on more services to the customer’s liking.
Primary Components Of a Vimeo OTT Best Video CMS Platform
- It gives access to video analytics for optimization.
- It provides upto 4 models of monetization.
- It promises to lend subscriber data and control to its customers.
- ‘Time Windowing’ option lets customers schedule a video release in advance.
Next-generation video CMS software from the creators of Kaltura
Kaltura addresses all kinds of video streaming needs of its customers. It is a globally present enterprise video content management system. Its video CMS is designed to be all-sensing and all-inclusive in a single form. In order to extend utmost convenience to its customers, it is open to configuration and customization of the player whilst making possible a swift and optimal video experience.
Primary Components Of Kaltura Video Content Management System
- It provides varied literacy aids concerning a video such as captioning, transcription, translation and audio description.
- The ‘Advanced video analytics dashboard’, gives customers an entry into the data picture of viewer behavior, content performance and delivery.
- It provides the necessary security attached to protecting content authenticity.
- It is capacitated for bulk upload and transcoding functions.
We are at the end of our long and, hopefully, informative discussion on video CMS. We dove into what they do and how they do it, not to mention why at all. But if you are exploring to spot just the right video CMS platform for you, then you are advised to further make a personalized analysis. Sure, they are all best CMS softwares in specific ways of their significance. Though, you will be the one to take a bet in the end.
Do you want to start your video streaming business today? CONTUS VPlayed offers an enterprise video content management system to launch your business on.
If You Already Have An Idea To Integrate Video Content Management In Your Platform, Schedule A Free Demo And We’ll Get You On The Road To Video Streaming Success
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. What is a video content management system?
A video content management system (CMS) is a software platform specifically designed for organizing, managing, and delivering video content. It provides a centralized system for uploading, encoding, categorizing, and distributing videos across various channels.
2. Why do businesses need a video CMS platform?
A video content management system allows businesses to efficiently manage and distribute video content, improve content security, reduce costs associated with video storage and delivery, and gain valuable insights into how their audience interacts with their video content.
3. What are the key features of a video CMS?
The key features of a video CMS includes video hosting, metadata management, video search capabilities, content security features, analytics and reporting, and integrations with other software applications.
4. How much does a video content management system cost?
The cost of a video content management system can vary depending on factors such as the size of the organization, the number of videos being managed, and the specific features needed. Some systems may offer pricing based on the number of videos uploaded or the amount of storage used, while others may offer tiered pricing based on the number of users or the specific features included.
5. What are some popular video content management systems?
Some popular video content management systems include VPlayed, Brightcove, Kaltura, Vidyard, Wistia, and Vimeo.
6. What are the benefits of video content management software?
One of the most benefits informs us with its ability to streamline all business needs under a one-stop solution with 100% customizability, the capability to manage & store large files in cloud streaming infrastructure, get complete control over the streaming path via advanced technologies integrated into customized & best video CMS.